Independence Day | Happy 4th of July

Truly this day is not about getting drunk, BBQs or fireworks. It is about honoring the brave, brilliant men who forged this document for Independence of the people from the Crown, all the while putting their own lives on the line.

Little did we know there was another plan brewing that would steal that away from the people, right under our noses.



Rolf Harris latest: 'unduly lenient' sentence referred to Attorney General

Hopefully this silly sentence can now be increased to show Justice matters. He should die in jail.

 
Rolf Harris arriving in court on Friday - image: Julian Simmonds

Rolf Harris is told he has nobody to blame but himself as he is sentenced to five years and nine months - a sentence referred to the Attorney General for being too lenient

The Telegraph
By Martin Evans
4 July 2014

The 'unduly lenient' sentencing of Rolf Harris has been referred to the Attorney General after the disgraced entertainer was jailed for five-years and nine months following his conviction for indecently assaulting young girls.

The 84-year-old was found guilty earlier in the week of assaulting four girls, the youngest of who was just seven-years-old.

The judge, Mr Justice Sweeney told Harris he took advantage of the trust his victims placed in him because of his celebrity status.

He said: "You have shown no remorse at all, your reputation lies in ruins. You have nobody but yourself to blame."

Passing sentence in a packed courtroom, the judge told Harris: "For well over 50 years you have been a popular entertainer and TV personality of international standing with a speciality in children's entertainment. You are also an artist of renown.

"You have been the recipient of a number of honours and awards over the years, you have done many good and charitable works and numerous people have attested to your positive good character.

"But the verdicts of the jury show that in the period from 1969 to 1986 you were also a sex offender, committing 12 indecent assaults on four victims who were variously aged between eight and 19 at the time."

He went on: "You have shown no remorse for your crimes at all. Your reputation lies in ruins, you have been stripped of your honours, but you have no one to blame but yourself."

read more

U.S. discloses secret Somalia military presence, up to 120 troops

Terrorism again with the US front lining.

Bases in every country it seems, at a cost that simply must be staggering.



Somali National Army soldiers take part in a training exercise on March 28, 2013 at the Jazeera Training Camp on the outskirts of Mogadishu, Somalia.   image source

Chicago Tribune
By Phil Stewart
Reuters
2 Jul 2014

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. military advisors have secretly operated in Somalia since around 2007 and Washington plans to deepen its security assistance to help the country fend off threats by Islamist militant group al Shabaab, U.S. officials said.

The comments are the first detailed public acknowledgement of a U.S. military presence in Somalia dating back since the U.S. administration of George W. Bush and add to other signs of a deepening U.S. commitment to Somalia's government, which the Obama administration recognized last year.

The deployments, consisting of up to 120 troops on the ground, go beyond the Pentagon's January announcement that it had sent a handful of advisors in October. That was seen at the time as the first assignment of U.S. troops to Somalia since 1993 when two U.S. helicopters were shot down and 18 American troops killed in the "Black Hawk Down" disaster.

The plans to further expand U.S. military assistance coincide with increasing efforts by the Somali government and African Union peacekeepers to counter a bloody seven-year insurgent campaign by the al Qaeda-linked al Shabaab to impose strict Islamic law inside Somalia.

read more

Hospitals Are Mining Patients' Credit Card Data to Predict Who Will Get Sick

The trouble with this is who will get Insurance once they know you are high risk?


 Photograph by Tom Grill/Getty Images

Bloomberg Business week
By Shannon Pettypiece
and Jordan Robertson
3 July 2014

Imagine getting a call from your doctor if you let your gym membership lapse, make a habit of buying candy bars at the checkout counter, or begin shopping at plus-size clothing stores. For patients of Carolinas HealthCare System, which operates the largest group of medical centers in North and South Carolina, such a day could be sooner than they think. Carolinas HealthCare, which runs more than 900 care centers, including hospitals, nursing homes, doctors’ offices, and surgical centers, has begun plugging consumer data on 2 million people into algorithms designed to identify high-risk patients so that doctors can intervene before they get sick. The company purchases the data from brokers who cull public records, store loyalty program transactions, and credit card purchases.

Information on consumer spending can provide a more complete picture than the glimpse doctors get during an office visit or through lab results, says Michael Dulin, chief clinical officer for analytics and outcomes research at Carolinas HealthCare. The Charlotte-based hospital chain is placing its data into predictive models that give risk scores to patients. Within two years, Dulin plans to regularly distribute those scores to doctors and nurses who can then reach out to high-risk patients and suggest changes before they fall ill. “What we are looking to find are people before they end up in trouble,” says Dulin, who is a practicing physician.

For a patient with asthma, the hospital would be able to assess how likely he is to arrive at the emergency room by looking at whether he’s refilled his asthma medication at the pharmacy, has been buying cigarettes at the grocery store, and lives in an area with a high pollen count, Dulin says. The system may also look at the probability of someone having a heart attack by considering factors such as the type of foods she buys and if she has a gym membership. “The idea is to use Big Data and predictive models to think about population health and drill down to the individual levels,” he says.

read more

The Arab Spring Just Got Serious Again - Kuwait Is Burning

The Middle East is one big melting pot of struggle from one day to the next. If Kuwait goes up, Bahrain and Saudi will follow.

image source

Zero Hedge
By Tyler Durden
3 July 2014

Same stuff... different country. Once again someone (former opposition leader Musallam al-Barrak) exposed the corruption among the elites (revealed documents that allegedly prove billions of illicit financial transfers were made to senior officials, including judges) and the leaders (Kuwait officials) decided he should be arrested and charged with slander. This has caused uproar among the people as hundreds of protesters rallied overnight in support of al-Barrack, marching from his house to the jail chanting: "The people want to cleanse the judiciary!" The police in the oil-rich nation of Kuwait used tear gas and stun grenades early Thursday to disperse the protesters.

As The Daily Star reports,

Kuwaiti police fired teargas and stun grenades to disperse an opposition rally demanding the release of prominent dissident Mussallam al-Barrak, activists said Thursday.

The public prosecutor Wednesday ordered Barrak, a former MP, to be held for 10 days after he was questioned for allegedly insulting the judiciary.

The court turned down Thursday a petition filed by Barrak's lawyers to release him until his trial, defense lawyer Thamer al-Jadaei wrote on his Twitter account.

The court set a July 7 date to start hearing the case against Barrak, who is charged with insulting the supreme judicial council and slander against its chairman.

Soon after the court's rejection, the opposition went into an emergency meeting to decide on further action.

read more

Beijing, Seoul agree to directly trade currencies

Now it is official, South Korea will directly exchange currency into Yuan bypassing the USD. They are just one more of a ever growing list of nations bypassing the USD.

America will crack apart once the Petro Dollar goes.



China Daily
By Wu Jiao
and Gao Changxin
4 July 2014

China and South Korea plan to directly trade their currencies, marking a step forward in the renminbi's internationalization.

The announcement came in a joint statement from the Chinese and South Korean governments during President Xi Jinping's visit to South Korea on Thursday.

An RMB clearing facility is expected to be set up in Seoul to further boost yuan trading in the country, where deposits of the Chinese currency have surged this year.

The statement didn't specify when the two plans will be implemented.

An agreement will mark the success of months of negotiations between the two countries to provide a marketplace where the yuan and the South Korean won can be transacted directly without relying on the US dollar.

According to the statement, South Korea will also be given an 80 billion yuan ($12.9 billion) quota under China's Qualified Foreign Institutional Investor system, which allows foreign fund managers to invest in Chinese financial markets using the yuan.

As of May, South Korea had $11.3 billion worth of yuan deposits, up by 70 percent from the start of the year, making the yuan the second-largest foreign currency deposit in the country after the US dollar.

read more

The U.S. Elite Run a Ukrainian Genocide While American Public Are Ignorant of It

American leadership at work creating a legacy of grief and suffering. But it's not just America, the whole damned world is ignorant of reality.

image source

Washington's Blog
By Eric Zuesse
3 July 2014

On Wednesday, July 2nd, Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko resumed unlimited war against the residents of southeastern Ukraine, whom he calls “terrorists” for their wanting not to be killed by his troops. European leaders (especially Merkel of Germany, Hollande of France, and Putin of Russia) urged him not to resume his bombing campaign against the southeast, but the U.S. (specifically President Obama) supports the bombings, and that’s enough for Poroshenko; so, he did it. As the U.S. State Department said, “he has a right to defend his country.” Reuters reports that Poroshenko gave as his reason for the resumption, “to rid Ukraine of ‘parasites’.” Adolf Hitler had given the same reason for ethnically cleansing his country.

Here are videos and photos of the Obama Administration’s sponsored ethnic cleansing to reduce the population in the areas of Ukraine that had voted overwhelmingly “the wrong way” in Ukraine’s final nationwide election, in 2010: the areas of Ukraine that overwhelmingly chose as Ukraine’s President the man whom Obama’s coup overthrew in February 2014. After this ethnic cleansing, maybe Ukraine can have another nationwide election, which will produce the type of outcome that the U.S. Government likes. But on 25 May 2014, we held in Ukraine an election where people voted only in the pro-American portion of Ukraine, and only leaders who were acceptable to the U.S. White House were allowed onto the ballot.

America’s “news” media are not reporting on America’s ethnic-cleansing program in Ukraine. It’s happening in the dark, as far as the American public are concerned: they don’t know about it. But, here it is: this, is what they are hiding from you.

read more

World’s Largest Snake Gathering Turns Canadian Wilds into a Slithering Sea

Like something out a movie. Mummy, mummy where do Politicians and IRS Inspectors come from? Now you have it.



Oddity Central
By Sumitra
1 July 2014

Every spring, the Canadian wilds of Manitoba become a sea of nightmarish writhing snakes. A tangled mass of thousands of red-sided garter snakes come together in what is considered the largest snake-gathering in the world. After spending the long winter months in hibernation, they all come out for a bit of a breather, to frolic in the sun and perform their mating rituals.

The fascinating event takes place at the Narcisse Snake Dens, a few kilometers north of Narcisse, in Manitoba province. What makes Narcisse the ultimate rock-concert equivalent of the snake world? Well, the answer to that question dates back to the Paleozoic era, when the area of Manitoba was covered by an ancient ocean. The water doesn’t exist anymore, but the ocean bed still does – layer upon layer of thick limestone rock covers the region, with thousands of natural crevices, tunnels and caves. Rainwater seeps through these cracks and when the rock gives way near the surface, the resulting collapse forms a sinkhole.

The cold-blooded snakes happen to love these sinkholes, which are perfect for hibernation during the harsh Canadian winter with temperatures reaching 50 degrees below zero. So they migrate from far and wide and settle into the sinkholes, putting a good distance between themselves and the frost line. Because there’s a limited number of sinkholes, also known as den sites, all the snakes in an area have to go to the nearest den site. So there are literally tens of thousands of snakes crowded into just one sinkhole the size of the average living room.

read more

Jimmy Savile’s Necrophilic ‘Mucking About’ Brought to Light

Total pervert with friends it seems who need exposure. How did he ever get away with it for so long?



While fellow-traveller Rolf Harris is facing sentencing for child abuse, the news on the late, disgraced Jimmy Savile keeps getting worse 

Ultra Culture
By Stephen Foland
2 July 2014

A new report alleges that the late BBC personality Jimmy Savile sexually assaulted patients and corpses at Leeds General Infirmary as a volunteer.

The new investigative report digs into Savile’s philanthropic association with Leeds General Infirmary; a relationship that lasted for five decades. The report from the Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust is supported by 200 eyewitness interviews and 1,300 documents, and alleges that while acting as a volunteer in the hospital, Savile may engaged in acts of depravity including sexual assaults on men, women and children—and even necrophilia.

The new information only compounds the rage and horror millions of British music fans and television viewers have experienced following the revelations that have surfaced in the wake of BBC personality Jimmy Savile’s death in 2012 (and this week’s guilty verdict for British/Australian children’s entertainer Rolf Harris on twelve counts of indecent assault). According to a story that ran in The Observer in January of this year, Jimmy Savile (Top of the Pops) may have assaulted as many as 1000 victims before his death in 2012. Dame Janet Smith is leading an independent review of Jimmy Savile’s alleged misconduct during his employment by the BBC and is expected to release their findings later this year.

Savile volunteered at the hospital as an event organizer and celebrity philanthropist throughout the 1960s, even bringing the Beach Boys to Leeds after the hospital had suffered a fire in 1968.

read more

Hacking Sentencing Remarks In Full

So now, the Prime Ministers Media Liar is jailed.



Here are Mr Justice Saunder's sentencing remarks in full.

Mail Online
By Press Association
4 July 2014

"Parliament has decided that it is a criminal offence to access the voicemails of other people without their consent or an order of the court. Parliament has decided that the offence applies to members of the press in the same way as it does to all other citizens. This law provides the same protection to all citizens including those who, for one reason or another, are in the public eye. Parliament set the maximum sentence for the offence of intercepting communications at 2 years imprisonment and Parliament has decided that the same maximum sentence applies to an offence of conspiracy which can cover, as it does in this case, a very large number of individual offences.

"My function is to pass sentences which reflect the criminality of the defendants as defined by that law and are within the range of sentences prescribed by Parliament. I take into account the effect on those whose phones were hacked and those whose messages were intercepted; what the defendants got out of their crimes and all proper matters of mitigation. I also have to do justice between defendants. To assist me in that, I consider previous relevant decisions of the court so that, as far as possible, there is consistency in sentencing. I then pass what it is the least possible sentence which properly reflects those factors.

"I have set all this out because I have no doubt that there will comments about the sentences that I pass. There will be those who will be outraged that I haven't passed sentences well in excess of the permitted maximum and there will be those that think that it shouldn't be a crime for the press to intrude into the lives of the famous and that the legislation and this prosecution is in some way an attack on the freedom of the press to carry out their vital role as public watchdogs. People are perfectly entitled to comment. All I can ask is that the comment is informed and recognises the parameters which govern my role as the sentencer.

read more

Rolf Harris has shown no remorse, judge says

While we wait for the Harris sentences, look at the damage issues.

Harris arrived at court alongside his daughter Bindi

BBC News
4 July 2014

A judge said Rolf Harris had shown "no remorse", as he sentenced him to five years and nine months in prison.

"You have no-one to blame but yourself," Judge Mr Justice Sweeney told Harris, before passing sentence at London's Southwark Crown Court.

He told Harris he "took advantage of the trust placed in you because of your celebrity status", and treated one victim "like a toy".

Harris, 84, was convicted of 12 indecent assault charges on Monday.

Victim statements were read in court ahead of sentencing, with one woman saying the abuse destroyed her "childhood innocence".

Prosecutors, meanwhile, said Harris would not stand trial over allegations he downloaded sexual images of children.

They claimed Harris had indecent images of children, as part of a larger collection of adult pornography, but decided it was not in the public interest to prosecute him.

read more (video)

Murdered Palestinian teenager's family says new footage shows his abduction

Always, one Israeli is hurt and the wailing wall goes into overdrive. The Press won't shut up!

But for the killing of Palestinians, THEFT of THEIR Land, poisoning of their land, brutalization at Check Points and vile, abominable conduct of the Kazakh oppressors, not a word is said. What a sick and sad world. Another innocent child dies for this locust hoard. Where is justice then? The Jewish Lobby needs to be toned down and muzzled hard. What about Arab hurt?



Claims that Mohamed Abu Khdeir was targeted by Israeli extremists in revenge attack appear to be bolstered by video

The Guardian
By Peter Beaumont
3 July 2014

New video footage has emerged which the family of a Palestinian teenager abducted and murdered earlier this week says shows the moment of his kidnapping.

Mohamed Abu Khdeir, 17, was snatched by three men in a car while he was waiting to pray outside a mosque next to his home in East Jerusalem. His badly burned body was discovered in a forest on the western side of the city.

Senior Palestinian figures, including President Mahmoud Abbas, have said they believe the teenager was targeted by Israeli extremists in a revenge attack for the kidnapping and killing of three Israeli teenagers three weeks ago.

This claim appeared to be bolstered by the emergence of the footage which the boy's family says captures the abduction – and suggests that he was randomly targeted outside a mosque and did not know his kidnappers.

read more